ADHD Awareness Diploma
ADHD is a common yet often misunderstood medical condition. Whether you’re a parent who wants to gain a deeper understanding of ADHD to help a loved one, or a teacher who needs strategies to support ADHD in a classroom setting, this great-value online course contains all you need to know.
What Will I Learn?
You’ll start by finding out what ADHD is and the type of behaviours associated with it. Then, with a separate focus on the ways the condition manifests in children, adolescents and adults, you will gain valuable insights and strategies that will help you in your relationships with people with ADHD. Furthermore, you’ll learn how ADHD does not have to be a barrier to realising ambitions and leading a fulfilling life.
How Do I Study?
The online nature of the course puts the learner firmly in charge of the experience with no deadlines to meet or weekly class to attend. You can study the modules whenever and wherever you want to, and because course access is for 12 months, you can return as often as you like to recap.
Key Learning Points
Work through the 15 modules of course content to discover all you need to know about ADHD.
- Get started with a basic definition of ADHD.
- Learn about the discovery of the condition, how the term was created and how understanding of ADHD has changed over the years.
- Discover how to start to take control of the issues associated with ADHD.
- Find out the ways a child with ADHD may behave in the family setting and the ways that parents may react to such behaviour being manifested.
- Learn about strategies siblings can use to cope with a brother or sister with ADHD and how siblings can be supported.
- Explore what the future may hold for a family with a member who has ADHD.
- Gain insight into the initial symptoms that may indicate a person has ADHD.
- Find out how to get a diagnosis.
- Learn about potential initial treatments and how to tell if they are having a positive effect.
- Get an understanding of what a child with ADHD is thinking and feeling.
- Learn how ADHD-related outbursts will affect the child.
- Discover how to deal with those initial outbursts and prevent them from getting worse.
- Find out how ADHD is diagnosed in adolescence and the challenges that a later diagnoses can bring.
- Learn to pick up on the signs that an adolescent may be suffering from ADHD.
- Explore how ADHD can affect a teenager’s ability to evolve into adulthood and learn about strategies to move forward in this situation.
- Take a look at the latest research on ADHD in adults.
- Learn how ADHD progresses as an individual reaches adulthood.
- Find out about the treatment and support available for adults with ADHD.
- Learn about the key medications that are used for the treatment of ADHD and their possible side effects.
- Explore other therapies that are used to treat ADHD.
- Learn about options available if a treatment is not working.
- Get a definition of the holistic approach to the treatment of ADHD, the key treatments associated with it, how effective it may be and how it can combine with other treatments.
- Learn about the patterns of behaviour parents should be aware of and how to react to them and proceed when these patterns are noticed.
- Look at basic ways parents can cope with a child with ADHD and the key mistakes to avoid.
- Learn about strategies and sources of support that can help a parent dealing with a child with ADHD.
- Explore the everyday issues faced by people with ADHD and their carers and ways these can be overcome.
- Find out why a diagnosis of ADHD can still result in a positive outcome and fulfilling life for the sufferer and his or her family.
- Look at the most common misconceptions of ADHD as opposed to the reality of the condition and the negative effect these misconceptions can have.
- Discover how the positive lessons taken from success stories of people with ADHD can be put into action to give hope to others with the condition.
- Take another look at the key issues that affect a person with ADHD and the core ways they can be supported.
- Recap how to improve your ability to deal with the condition and find out where you can get help and support.
Advantages of the Course
- Technical support is available should you need it.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of ADHD will be enormously beneficial in both professional and personal relationships with those affected.
- The module format means the course is enjoyable and easy to access.
- Gaining this diploma can boost your career and proves your commitment to supporting and enriching the lives of people living with ADHD.
Begin the process of gaining a good understanding of ADHD by signing up to the ADHD Diploma today.
This course is CPD certified.
- The basic definition of ADHD.
- Who discovered it and created the term.
- How understanding has changed over the years.
- How to start to take control of the issues.
- How a child with ADHD can act within a family.
- A look at how the parents can initially deal with such a condition.
- How siblings can deal with, or be helped, in this situation.
- The future for the family when a child has ADHD.
- The initial symptoms to look out for
- How to get that all-important diagnosis
- The first treatments that could be an option
- How to know if those treatments are making a difference
- What is going on in the child with ADHD?
- How it bursts out and affects them.
- Dealing with those initial outbursts.
- Preventing things from getting worse.
- The problems of a later diagnosis.
- Signs in adolescence that all is not well.
- How it affects their ability to evolve into an adult.
- How to move forward in this situation.
- The latest research on ADHD in adults.
- How it progresses into this stage of life.
- How to still get treatment.
- How to help the individual.
- The key medications that are used for the treatment of ADHD.
- Potential side effects associated with these medications.
- Therapies that are available, that can also help.
- What to do if you feel that the treatment is not helping.
- What we actually mean by the holistic approach.
- The key treatments associated with this approach.
- How effective are they going to be?
- Combining both options, to improve the quality of life.
- What we mean by patterns of behaviour.
- The key patterns to look out for.
- How to react when you spot this behaviour.
- Is there anything to worry about - and how do you proceed?
- The basic steps when handling a child with ADHD.
- The key mistakes you must avoid making.
- Important strategies to put into place to help you.
- How to seek help and not struggle all on your own.
- Common everyday issues for people with ADHD.
- Common everyday issues for those that help people with ADHD.
- How a person with ADHD can overcome them.
- How a person without ADHD can overcome their issues.
- Why a diagnosis does not have to ruin their future.
- The picture of the future, according to those that do not understand it.
- The actual future that can be out there.
- How to make sure that you can have the future that you want with ADHD.
- The most common misconceptions linked to the condition.
- What the reality is for those with the condition.
- How these misconceptions hurt those that have the condition.
- What to do in order to rectify the situation.
- Examples of success stories of those with ADHD.
- The key lessons to take from these success stories.
- How to take those lessons - and put them into action.
- A step by step breakdown on how to improve the life of the sufferer, due to these lessons.
- The absolute key points on how ADHD affects the individual.
- The key points on how to help those individuals.
- How to improve your ability to deal with the condition.
- Where to get further help.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above