Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching Courseware (with Live Labs)
Develop industry-leading skills and work towards vendor certification with the Cisco CCNA Training Package. Expert instructor-led training modules with customised presentations, practice exam simulators and learning supplements are all used to ensure network administrators and engineers properly understand the concepts being taught.
The new Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 & 2 (ICND1 v2 & ICND2 v2) course provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to install, operate and troubleshoot a small to medium branch network using Cisco technologies.
Master LAN switching technologies, troubleshooting, WAN technologies and IP services (SNMP, Syslog, FHRP) and how they can be used to improve network performance and resilience. The curriculum also includes the operation of IP data networks, IP addressing (IPv4 & IPv6), network security, basic troubleshooting and DHCP, NAT, ACLs and other IP routing technologies to build an optimised infrastructure.
The new and updated ICND1 v2 and ICND2 v2 courses provide students with network infrastructure know how forming the first steps towards earning CCNA certification – essential for the professional network engineer, network specialist or network administrator.
Hands-on lab exercises using the e-Career’s Practice-Lab system allow students to work on Cisco switches and routers to learn about the basic mitigation of security threats, and an introduction to wireless networking concepts. In addition, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills required master IP, OSPF, ACLs (Ethernet and Access Control Lists), VLANs, Frame Relay, Serial Line Interface Protocol and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol. All this without the expense of building a test network for exam practice.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Over the course of two modules, participants will learn everything they need to manage a basic Cisco network and begin the process of earning a CCNA qualification.
Upon completion of the first module, students will have learned:
- How to implement Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM) to improve IP addressing efficiency.
- The importance of IPv6 and how to implement it within a corporate network and the use of Open Shortest Path First (OPSF) routing
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks to route and segment traffic for improved network performance.
- Scaling a network using NAT and PAT to meet the need of a growing business.
The second section of the ICND course takes students through the process of managing, maintaining and troubleshooting a Cisco-based network. Using the supplied course materials and Practice-Lab access, participants will master:
- Administration and licensing of Cisco hardware devices and management tools.
- Configuration of clients for SNMP, Syslog, Netflow, OSPF and EIGRP according to specific business needs.
- Troubleshooting IPv4 and IPv6 network connectivity.
- The use of Spanning Tree protocol and Etherchannel.
- The application of Layer 3 redundancy protocols to improve network resilience.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The ICND course ensures that candidates have the necessary skills to properly configure and manage a small or medium-sized corporate network infrastructure. With these skills, students:
- Will properly understand network protocol application and management.
- Be able to configure a network for maximum uptime and resilience.
- Segment network traffic to prioritise certain business applications.
- Have completed the first step towards earning the Cisco CCNA qualification.
- Will be able to apply more advanced techniques to further improve network operations.
- Have practised real-world scenarios and techniques ready for application in any network.
The Cisco CCNA Interconnecting and Networking Devices course is an essential step on the path to becoming a qualified network engineer.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
- Networking Fundamentals
- Basic Ethernet LAN Implementation
- Designing Ethernet LANS
- Understanding IPv4
- Working With Cisco Routers
- IPv4 Design And Troubleshooting
- IPv4 Services
- Implementing IPv6
- Configuring Ethernet LANs
- Configuring IPv4 Routing Protocols
- Wide Area Networks
- IPv4 Services
- IPv4 Routing And Troubleshooting
- IPv6 Routing
- Cloud Based Networking
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above